Looking for cheap Uggs?
Bracing for cold weather here in the Northeast with thoughts of a warm, fuzzy feeling for your feet that Ugg boots might provide? Or perhaps you have bunions and these snuggly boots are the only footwear you can stand to wear? But of course you don’t want to pay full price — you want cheap Uggs that’ll snuggle without blowing your shoe budget.
We can help you find lower-priced Uggs. (By the way, thoughts of wearing the boots aren’t just seasonal. A parade of Ugg boot wearers is seen throughout the summer — many even on beach boardwalks. And let’s not forget on the West Coast, where these snuggly boots are worn year-round.)
Where to get cheap Uggs — online and in store
Here’s the short story on how to find a deal on Uggs. If you don’t want to read this whole post, jump right to these retailers to look for available discounts on Uggs:
- Nordstrom Rack
- Saks Off-fifth
- 6pm. Note that 6pm used to be a great source for discounted Uggs, but not so much anymore. As of late, 6pm has only been carrying the lower-end Uggs line, Koolaburra.
- UGG Australia outlet stores. You can’t shop the Ugg outlets online unfortunately, but here’s a list of store locations.
Ugg deals online
Nordstrom Rack does discount Uggs, usually in the range of 10-15% off. The stock includes close-out merchandise directly from the factory as well as clearance from Nordstrom full-line stores. It’s a great strategy to check back often, particularly around holidays to catch a bigger discount on your Uggs. You can often save 30% or more off retail if you time it right.
Saks Off Fifth
Saks Off Fifth carries lots of Uggs accessories, but the boot collection can be sparse. If you find any, they’ll be older styles, less popular colors, or kids’ boots. As with Nordstrom Rack, the normal discount is 10% to 15%.
6pm.com came into our view years ago when a friend raved about the great discount she got on a pair of Timberland boots. At that time, we checked it out and — sure enough — found a nice selection of cheap Uggs. The discount was mostly around 28%.
Today, 6pm.com’s Ugg collection ebbs and flows. The store caters more to the discount line Koolaburra by Ugg. But it’s still worth a look, particularly in the warmer months when Uggs are “off-season.”
If you do find a cute pair of boots at 6pm, be prepared for some sizing challenges. There are no boots available on the site right now, but there are some cute summer styles. An example is the Tammy, an adorable slip-on for nearly 70% off retail. The catch? It’s only available in an 8 or a 10.
Discounted Uggs in store
Ugg Outlet Stores
Ugg outlets all have the same discount policy. When merchandise ends up on the clearance rack, expect a 50% discount. There can be bigger discounts depending on color. A sparkle version of the classic boot in colors like ruby red, emerald and deco blue, was selling at $149, a steep deduction from the regular price of $20o or $275. You won’t find the classic boot in the standard colors like chestnut and black at the outlet. The merchandise at outlets are usually discontinued items or from past seasons.
There are 33 Ugg outlets in the U.S., concentrated in California and New York. (Side note: isn’t it funny that the folks of warm and sunny California love their Uggs?
You can see the full list of Ugg Australia Outlets here, or see our condensed version below.
- Tanger Outlets in Barstow
- Desert Hills Premium Outlets in Cabazon
- Camarillo Premium Outlets in Camarillo
- San Francisco Premium Outlets in San Francisco
- Livermore Outlets in Livermore
- Citadel Outlets in Los Angeles
- Great Mall in Milipitas
- Ontario Mills Mall in Ontario
- Deckers’ Brand Outlet in Ventura
- Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets in Central Valley
- Tanger Outlets in Deer Park
- Tanger Outlets in Riverhead
- Riverhead Outlet Store in Riverhead
- The Mill at Jersey Gardens in Elizabeth
- Jersey Shore Premium Outlets in Tinton Falls
- UGG Outlet Foxwoods in Mashantucket
- Orlando Premium Outlets in Orlando
- Orlando Premium Outlets (Vineland) in Orlando
- Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise
- North Georgia Premium Outlets in Dawsonville
- Waikele Premium Outlets in Waipahu
- Chicago Premium Outlets in Chicago
- Fashion Outlets of Chicago in Rosemont
- Wrentham Village Premium Outlets in Wrentham
- Clarksburg Premium Outlets in Clarksburg
- Albertville Premium Outlets in Albertville
- St. Louis Premium Outlets in Chesterfield
- Premium Outlets North in Las Vegas
- Tanger Outlets Columbus in Sunbury
- Philadelphia Premium Outlets in Pottstown
- San Marcos Premium Outlets in San Marcos
- Lessburg Corner Premium Outlets
- Seattle Premium Outlets in Tulalip
- Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets
Saks Fifth Avenue Off-Fifth stores
Typically the discount at Off-Fifth on Uggs is 20%. When Off-Fifth has a sale, you may get an additional discount anywhere from 30%-40%. That would mean a $160 pair of boots could cost $89.60 at the additional 30% cut or $76.80 at the extra 40% break.
Check out the Saks Fifth Avenue Off-Fifth stores in New York and New Jersey below, or see the Off-Fifth store locator here. Gallery at Westbury Plaza, 1070 Old Country Road, Garden City, NY
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, 850 Grapevine Court, Suite 850, Central Valley, NY
- BergenTown Center, 20 Bergen Town Center Paramus, NJ
- Jersey Gardens, 651 Kapkowski Road, Elizabeth, NJ
- Riverhead Tanger Outlets, Tanger Drive Riverhead, NY
Nordstrom’s Nordstrom Rack Stores
If you’re in the New York City/New Jersey area, try the locations below. Or, visit the Nordstrom Rack store locator to find a store near you.
- Union Square, 60 East 14th Street, New York City
- Bergen Town Center, 510 Bergen Town Center, Paramus, NJ
- Gallery at Westbury Plaza, 1040 Old Country Road, Garden City, NY
- White Plains City Center, 3 City Place, White Plains, NJ
Or, Buy Used Uggs at Tradesy
If you don’t mind wearing secondhand Ugg boots, head on over to Tradesy’s Ugg page for some amazing deals. Yes, Tradesy sells used pieces, but the condition is generally very good. We took a look at the Ugg options (3/31/2015) and were pretty impressed with the selection and prices.
Watch Out for Fakes, Sort of
Here, we’ll pause to repeat the warning on getting tricked into buying fake boots. You can pass this warning along to anyone you know who is committed and especially someone who might boast of finding a site that sells UGGs at prices that seem too good to be true.
To ensure that you don’t get ripped off, UGG Australia has a page on its site devoted to counterfeiting, empowering you to check. All you have to do is plug in the name of a purported Ugg discount seller, click, and you’ ll see if you’re getting a real Ugg Australia dealer. The reason you want to avoid fakes has to do with quality. You’ll get a boot with the style you want, but it probably be very poorly made.
Having said that, there are legitimate brands with styles similar to the Ugg line. These brands vary in terms of quality and style. But if you are not hung up on the logo per se, you could save some dough by choosing a knock-off brand like Bearpaw. See our article on legitimate fake UGGs for more information.
Fun Fact about UGG Australia
Did you know Ugg Australia is an American company? It was founded more than 30 years ago in Southern California by an Australian surfer. Armed with sheepskin, he was looking for a way to make gear to protect his feet in the waves.
Do you have any little-know tips for finding cheap UGGs? Let us know in the comments.